Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Montana de Oro State Park - Bluff Trail

September 25, 2011

I had decided to do a trip up the coast - to the Central Coast which I have been a fan of for several years now. I stayed in Los Osos - Baywood Park, for one because I wanted to escape the crowds in Morro Bay itself, but also because I wanted to be close to Montana de Oro State Park. I had been there before, and as I had liked it I became more interested in it. Therefor I googled several trails and then decided to do the Bluff Trail at Montana de Oro State Park. A good choice. :-)  It was one of the most picturesque trails I have run so far. It was a 4.2 mile trail  (out and back), mostly along the cliffs. Only the last part lead away from the ocean towards a parking lot. It was such a wonderful experience to run there. I stopped ever so often to take some photos of all the spectacular views. It was a 4.2 mile run that I finished in 47min. As it was very sunny and warm I was pretty exhausted afterwards. Anyway..... I loved this trail as well as the State Park and I will be back for sure to explore more of it!















No comments:

Post a Comment