Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fryman Canyon

September 1, 2011
I had asked a friend about hiking trails for trail running and she recommended Fryman Canyon. So on a wonderful Thursday morning (it was still summer break) I decided to give it a try. Crazy thing, it took almost an hour to drive there, but it was worth it. Initially I wanted to park at the parking lot on Fryman Road. It turned out that the parking fee was $3 and not $1 as I had read on the internet. As I didn’t have enough cash with me I parked a few blocks away (some of the nearby streets don’t allow parking) on Briarvale Road.  The hike was great. As it started out steep right away I hiked up there instead of running.  Once it was less steep, I started running. It was such a nice trail. Crowded enough in order not to feel too lonely on a weekday but still not too crowded. I hiked/ran all the way to the Tree People and down to Coldwater Canyon.  Same way back. Overall run time was 34 minutes and total hike time was 1h10min. Great morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment