Saturday, September 17, 2011

Will Rogers State Park

September 6, 2011
Last day of summer break. I decided I needed to go trail running! Although the weather forecast had announced really high temperatures I decided to go for it. I went to Will Rogers State Park, where I had been many years before. There is a great loop trail going up to Inspiration Point.  When I started out running there it already was pretty warm but still okay. Great trail! The first part was rather shady as the trail was lined with trees on both sides. Soon enough though I was running in the sun! As it became pretty warm I once in a while had to hike uphill instead of running but I surprisingly was running a lot uphill. Inspiration Point itself was gorgeous! Great view onto LA (Downtown LA, Wilshire area, and Santa Monica) and the ocean. Unfortunately also the air looked really dirty that day L  The run downhill was easy of course and also rewarding with nice views onto Pacific Palisades. Except a few dog walkers and one photographer I was all by myself there – it was nice to enjoy the solitude and tranquillity of nature.   Exactly the right thing to do before the new school year hit me the following day ;-)  Total workout time was about 45 minutes, run time 21 minutes and distance about 2 miles.




No comments:

Post a Comment